Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Harp lesson

For the record - I did practice on Monday but was too lazy to log it.

Harp lesson yesterday went well. Tambourin and Andiam, Mio Tesoro were okay, as was Weinachtsgllocken. I've been working on those for a while now.

My new pieces were good as well -- Welsh Penillion Melodies, Three Traditional Welsh Airs (just the first one), and Las Mananitas.

New things to work on: Three Traditional Welsh Airs 2 and 3, Scottish Air, Les Pifferari, and Greensleeves. Yikes! Welsh Airs 2 and 3 and Scottish Air involve lots of BIG rolled chords, and Greensleeves is practically ALL big rolled chords. Les Pifferari is a cute song that I'm really liking already. I probably won't get to all of these in the next two weeks before my next lesson, but I'll certainly get better at rolled chords while I'm at it.

I need to get back into working on exercises, as well. Will try to hit those first for the next week.

No comments: